Upon graduation from our program, you will receive your U.S. Career Institute Certificate of Completion attesting to your accomplishment. U.S. Career Institute's online Medical Coding certification program will prepare you to take a professional certification exam. Included with our course, we cover the cost of your CPC-A certification exam fees – a $399 value!†
National Certification Options for Medical Coding
- a. American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- b. Requirements: AAPC Membership and exam fees.
- c. Recommended: A certificate or transcript showing 80 hours or more of education can be used to fulfill one of the two years required to remove the Apprentice (“A”) status from the certification and become a CPC. After a year of verifiable coding work experience, the grad can apply to have the “A” dropped by submitting a letter, on letterhead, signed from your employer verifying one year of on-the-job experience.
- d. USCI Recommended: Yes
- a. American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- b. Requirements: HS Diploma or equivalent and exam fees
- c. Recommended: 6 months coding experience, completion of coding training program, AAS in Health Information Technologies and AAS in Medical Specialties
- d. USCI Recommended: No, USCI does not recommend this certification directly after you receive your USCI certificate, see recommendations above.
USCI Career Coach ProgramWe invest in you-up to $400 Value**
After completing your certificate course, our Career Coach Program is an included benefit that will give you one-on-one access to a Career Coach Advisor. Our course and Career Coach Program can prepare you with the skills needed to help you start your new career. Read about the program's requirements and guidelines in the Career Coach Program Outline.
Want a competitive edge? Take a look at our Medical Specialties Degree Program with low monthly payments of just $139!