After completing your certificate course, our Career Coach Program is an included benefit that will give you one-on-one access to a Career Coach Advisor. Our Career Coach Program, in combination with the course, can help you learn the skills you need start your new career.
Your success in a new career is our
- Online training with a Career Coach Advisor.
- Highlight your education and qualifications - We help you develop a professional cover letter and résumé.
- Prepare for your job search with our Career Starter Guide.
- Learn to Market yourself with proven job search techniques and interview skills.
Read about the program's requirements and guidelines in the Career Coach Program Outline.
How it Works**
- Students have two years from the date of enrollment to complete their course of study and access the Career Coach Program.
- Students must be a graduate of U.S. Career Institute.
- Students must be current in their payments to access the Career Coach Program.
Lesson 1–Prepare for your Job Search
- Identify and determine how to achieve your goals
- Explore the job market in your career field
- How to create a job application spreadsheet
- Pursue the right jobs
- Résumé questionnaire
Lesson 2–Showcase your Skills
- Sculpt your professional image on paper
- Transferable skills exploration worksheet
- Action-result statements worksheet
- Résumé instructions and formatting tips, make your résumé “computer strong”
- How to create a résumé for web form submission
Lesson 3–Personalize your Introduction
- Interview, negotiate and “seal the deal”
- Cover letter
- Letter of Introduction instructions
Questions and Answers
Q: Does this apply to all Certificate Programs?
A: No. Computer Essentials is excluded.
Q: Do we provide job placement?
A: No. Our Career Coach Program walks you through the job search process, but the responsibility and effort involved is your own.
Q: Do we guarantee a set salary?
A: No. Salary varies by career, location, title, hours, responsibilities and more.