Distance education was originally designed for people unable to attend traditional schools. Today, it is a popular education option for students from all walks of life. Even students on traditional campuses are opting for distance learning courses.
Benefits of Distance Education
- Many distance education programs are self-paced. Students can advance quickly through material they've already mastered and slow down on new material.
- Study when you want, where you want.
- Employers use distance learning to train their employees without losing them to the classroom.
- Your education goes where you go. Those who travel extensively in their jobs or move place to place, like military families, can pursue their courses wherever their lives take them.
- One-on-one interaction with the instructor by phone or email helps individualize the instruction.
- It's affordable. Distance education courses often cost less than traditional courses.
- Educational institutions that offer strictly distance learning don't incur the costs of maintaining a campus, so these savings are passed on to the student.
- Students save money by eliminating the commute to class.
- Students don't have to give up their jobs or dramatically alter their personal schedules.
- For many of today's money-conscious, time-strapped students, distance education offers the best opportunity for success.
Begin your distance education program with U.S. Career Institute today. Learn more about what we have to offer: