Students of a DEAC-accredited distance education institution are expected to adhere to high ethical standards in the pursuit of their education. Weston Distance Learning expects the student to:
- Present qualifications and background truthfully and accurately for admission to the institution.
- Observe the institutional policies and rules on submitting work, taking examinations, participating in online discussions and conducting research (where applicable).
- Never turn in work that is not your own or present another person’s ideas or scholarship as your own.
- Never ask for, receive or give unauthorized help on graded work.
- Never use outside books or papers that are not authorized by the directions for examinations.
- Never divulge the content of or answers to examinations to fellow students.
- Never improperly use, destroy, forge or alter institution’s documents, transcripts or other records.
- Never divulge your online user name or password (where applicable).
- Never allow another individual to log in as the student and/or represent himself or herself as the student.
Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct will subject students to discipline, up to and including dismissal.