Learn everything you need to know to start a new career as a Massage Therapist. You will develop skills to help your clients' recover from injury, avoid the harmful effects of stress, and live a healthier life. You will learn the basics of therapeutic massage techniques and advanced concepts in human physiology and kinesiology.
Here's an overview of all of the custom learning materials and bonus items you'll receive in your course.
- The Past, Present and Future of Massage Therapy
- Popular Bodywork Approaches—An Overview
- Ethics in the Therapeutic Setting
- Anatomical Terms and Locations
- Organ Systems from Respiratory to Reproductive
- Organ Systems from Skin to Muscular
- Movement and Support: Part 1—The Shoulder Girdle and Arm
- Safety Precautions for the Practitioner and the Client
- Swedish Massage: Part 1—Theory and Techniques
- Movement and Support: Part 2—The Forearm and Hand
- Movement and Support: Part 3—The Head and Neck
- Swedish Massage: Part 2—Procedures
- Movement and Support: Part 4—The Torso: Front and Back
- Theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Movement and Support: Part 5—The Pelvis and Thigh
- Movement and Support: Part 6—The Knee, Leg and Foot
- The Therapeutic Setting—Client Comfort and Client Records
- Energy Techniques
- Hydrotherapy Techniques
- Sports Massage: Part 1—Theory and Techniques
- Sports Massage: Part 2—Procedures
- Massage Contraindications and Cautions
- Disease Education
- Legal Issues for the Massage Therapist
Additional Course Materials*
- Massage Terminology CDs
- Introduction to Massage Therapy DVD
- Professionalism to Practice DVD
- The Swedish Massage DVD
- Sports Massage DVD
- Pocket First Aid Guide
- Massage Terminology Flashcards
- Massage Anatomy Flashcards
- Aromatherapy for Massage Therapists Supplement
- Massage Glossary
- Meridian Supplement for Massage Therapists
- Career Starter Guide
*Additional Course Materials will be delivered to you throughout your course.
2 Enrollment Options
If your goal is to work as a professional Massage Therapist, you will want to check regulations in your area.
Letter of Academic Achievement
When you complete the academic portion of your training, you will receive written notification attesting to your accomplishment.
Academic & Hands-On Training
Certificate of Completion
U.S. Career Institute provides 200 hours of Hands-On-Training in Fort Collins, Colorado, under the guidance of Colorado Certified massage therapy instructors upon completion of the academic portion and fulfillment of your tuition obligation. The tuition does not include travel or accommodation costs for the training. Please contact our Admissions department if you have questions about the Hands-On Training option.